job summary: Payroll Coordinator
The Payroll Coordinator will maintain employee payroll records, checking and auditing timekeeping records and maintaining time and attendance records.
location: Irvine, California
job type: Contract
salary: $22 - 24 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Process payroll on a bi-weekly and semi - monthly pay frequency; for an approx. total of 800 payroll checks per month.
- Reviews, corrects, ensures compliance with wage & hour laws, and approves hours worked and paid time off from the ADP Time Keeping system for importing into the Payroll system.
- Enters all payroll data: new hires, terminations, payroll changes, bonuses, taxable equity awards, employee voluntary changes, etc.
- Manually calculates withholding taxes, deductions, etc. on final payroll checks, severance payments, and other payroll-related payments not processed through payroll cycle.
- Processes garnishments, and responds to inquiring entity in regards to the employees' status.
- Maintains attendance records; provides Vacation/Sick Hours report to plant supervisors on a monthly basis.
- Maintains payroll records and employee personnel files.
- Processes monthly Headcount Report for Finance.
- Maintain employee confidence and protects operations by keeping information confidential.
- Provides payroll related documentation to internal and external payroll Auditors.
- Responsible for Employee Verification Requests.
- Responsible for Unemployment Claim and Disability Claims response.
- Responsible for new State Withholding and State Unemployment ID applications.
- Associates degree in Accounting, Business or closely related field or two years of fulltime payroll or accounting experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have ADP Payroll Workforce version 6 or above knowledge and experience.
- Payroll processing knowledge.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and time sensitive deadlines, efficiently.
- Able to handle highly confidential information.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Detailed oriented.
- Organizational skills.
$22-$24 per hour Application Process:
When we know of your interest, a Randstad Professionals recruiter will review your resume and contact you to better understand your skills and tell you more about the opportunity. We will meet qualified candidates face to face and the best talent interviews with the employer face to face - we will move quickly! Interviewing now! Click Apply to submit your resume today. Not ready to apply or have questions? Call Ashley at 949-265-5821.
skills: ADP, Payroll - 500+
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.