We are looking for an experienced Payroll Tax Analyst to manage two big projects. This is a contract-to-hire opportunity. If you have multi-state, multi-entity experience in a fast paced environment and enjoy conversations with employees and clients, then this could be the perfect opportunity for you!
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $35 - 37 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Review and coordinate the resolution of all payroll tax notices from various agencies (federal, state and local jurisdictions)
- Communicate directly with tax agencies as well as third party vendor ADP Tax Direct regarding tax inquiries
- Track status of tax inquiries in Payroll Tax Log through resolution and review with Payroll management
- Record and track tax refunds
- Request tax payments for adjustments as needed
- Audit employees' tax setup to ensure compliance with state tax rules and coordinate corrections with Payroll practitioners
- Request abatement of tax penalties
- Prepare journal entries of tax adjustments and coordinate submission to Finance with Payroll management
- Manually complete and submit tax returns not processed by payroll vendor accurately and timely
- Manage and maintain third party vendor benefits money movement log (ie 401k FSA HSA, PRK, TRS)
- Perform quarterly reconciliation and data analysis on tax liability (941, SODs, wage and tax register)
- Lead and coordinate year-end, balancing wages, and timely processing for accurate W2
- Review SUI tax rates for accuracy and update payroll system
- Utilize available resources to stay current on all areas of payroll tax law applicable to current companies
- Register for new state and local tax IDs
- Complete labor statistical reports such as census and multiple worksite reports
- Work with acquisition team on assessing special tax implications such as need for new company setup and new states
- Provide guidance on taxation of wages to Payroll practitioners
- Assist with researching Canadian tax law as needed for Canadian payroll (taxation of wages and reporting)
- Maintain department specific files and audit documents
Please reach out to Marcus Tonsick at 213-289-9955 or reply to this posting.
skills: ADP, Certified Payroll Professional, ADP Taxware
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.