Jr. Project Manager- Procure to Pay (P2P)
A prestigious client is looking for an Assistant Project Manager to participate on the core Procure to Pay Project (P2P) team.
This position will provide you the opportunity to work in the project management office of a global, strategic initiative which aims to implement a tool and processes to help control and monitor expenses. You will work closely with the team's Project Manager and other Core Team Members to coordinate project activities and provide tactical support as needed. You will gain access to cross-functional teams, processes and leadership and experience first-hand the various phases of a system implementation. This role is project based, with an expected duration of 12-15 months.
location: Chicago, Illinois
job type: Contract
salary: $24 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Participate in daily stand up meetings with Core Team
- Facilitate project task prioritization and status updates
- Support Core Team project planning and administration
- Prepare & analyze data to support design decisions and tool configuration
- 3-5 years of business experience.
- Intermediate excel skills (vlookups, if/then statements, pivot tables, other basic formulas)
- Experience with JIRA, MS Project and/or Smartsheet
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to demonstrate initiative and a proactive approach to assigned tasks
- Excellent interpersonal skills, working independently and as part of a team
- Solid organizational skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to adhere to deadlines
- Undergraduate degree in finance, accounting, or information technology is preferred; however strong consideration will be given to candidates with prior project management experience on moderate sized initiatives.
skills: Project Management
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.