The primary purpose of the Corporate Payroll Manager position is to act as a subject matter expert responsible and accountable for managing all US payroll processes, ensuring compliance with applicable federal, state, union, and nonunion payroll regulations. This position is also responsible for managing the Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA). The Corporate Payroll Manager will partner closely with internal stakeholders including finance/accounting, human resources, and company employees to disseminate payroll information accurately and according to schedule.
location: Las Vegas, Nevada
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 100,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 5 Years
- Direct the day-to-day payroll processing and establish disbursement of multi-state payroll including garnishments, benefits, and taxes consistent with all applicable union and nonunion wage and hour laws.
- Manage and provide leadership and coaching to the payroll team to optimize output.
- Develop and maintain payroll processes and internal controls to preserve the quality, efficiency, and overall effectiveness of all payroll functions and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborate closely with the HR team to optimize the payroll, compensation, and benefits system.
- Oversee the payroll activities related to account reconciliation, monthly variance analysis, accrual calculations, and journal entry review.
- Set a tone of collaboration among the payroll team, stakeholders, and cross-functional teams to provide a high level of customer service.
- Develop appropriate payroll reports and communicate to senior management.
Required Skills And Experience
- 7 or more years of comprehensive payroll experience (i.e. corporate, executive, sales, retail, and union & non-union) with a mid to large sized company including 3 or more years in managing a team.
- Collective Bargaining Agreements (CBA) experience is required.
- Comprehensive knowledge of payroll administration including federal, state and local wage and tax regulations in a multi-state environment.
- Broad working knowledge of fringe-benefits including related laws, regulations, and corresponding implications on the payroll.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including the ability to effectively present facts and recommendations in a verbal and written form.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) is preferred.
If your interested in learning more about this amazing opportunity please email your resume as an attachment in MS Word format to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Commissions, Union Payroll, Certified Payroll Professional, Benefit Administration, Payroll Processing, Data Processor, Withholding Taxes, Payroll Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Payroll Tax-Multistate, Federal State Reports, Payroll - 500+, W-2 End of Year, Workers Compensation Reporting Claims
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.