Responsible for selling services and retaining revenue by providing technical customer support to assigned accounts. The Sales Engineer interacts with customers to execute the technical aspects of the sales strategy by developing appropriate solutions and building technical relationships. The SE is able to focus ambiguous customer needs into specific, deliverable requirements and solutions to help qualify and quantify opportunities. The SE resolves technical issues arising during the sales engagement, helps clients define specifications and requirements, develops solutions, and provides technology presentations to both technical and management-level audiences.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Customer Meetings and Meeting Preparation: Attends customer meetings in person and via the phone. Prepares moderately complex level technical proposals and presentations. Provides moderate scope responses to product and industry questions. Demonstrates proficient solution selling abilities and effective, pro-active customer communications.
- Customer Solution Development: Analyzes customers business needs and develops intermediate range strategies based on knowledge of customer's current communication network, equipment, and business on how company can competitively meet customer's needs. Independently completes moderately difficult custom designs.
- Internal and External Training: Advises customers and sales on technical aspects of company products including fit to customer's needs, features, availability, etc.
- Process Improvement: Utilizes expertise developed in executing the above duties to help streamline and improve Sales and SE processes. Responsible for regularly recommending improvements to management team. Outlines changes needed to the process, products, and pricing based on the requirements.
- Customer Advocate: Escalation route for Sales Engineer I & II - acts as customer advocate as necessary for pre-sales activities and minimal post-sales activities
- 5+ years of related experience
- BS in technical field (Engineering, Mathematics, or related)
- Prior experience with estimation, application engineering or sales support.
- ACAD proficiency
- Ability to travel internationally - annual or bi-annual basis
skills: Analysis - Sales
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.