job summary: Internal Audit Manager
A top 100 public accounting firm in Columbus, Ohio offering an alternative to the endless grind of the typical public accounting setting. This firm occupies a modern, newly renovated office, and is extremely proud of their close knit family oriented culture.
Randstad is partnering with this industry leader, seeking a self-motivated and energetic Senior Auditor with extensive experience in auditing in a large public accounting firm.
The Risk Advisory/Internal Audit Manager will be responsible for managing very diverse engagements in assisting clients manage risk. Engagement types include internal audits, SOX validation, enterprise risk assessments, System and Organization Controls (SOC) examinations, fraud assessments, and business process optimization and transformation. Candidates will develop and maintain client relationships, develop staff, and demonstrate a strong work ethic and exceptional professional and leadership skills.
location: Columbus, Ohio
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 110,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Provide leadership and management over the audit process, including risk assessment, budgeting, planning, scheduling, executing, and reporting.
- Aid in identifying opportunities and developing strategies for entry into new markets and clients.
- Inspire client confidence by demonstrating a professional and competent demeanor.
- Provide input to the annual budgeting process.
- Recruit and retain high-performance team members.
- Lead teams in contributing a broad array of services through the use of leading edge tools and technology.
- Identify and assess the risks associated with related business application processes; then evaluate the effectiveness of controls to mitigate these risks
- Assess internal controls, monitoring risks and emerging issues, and recommend enhancements to safeguard assets and ensure compliance with corporate policies and procedures, laws, and regulations.
- Identify issues, root causes and make business focused recommendations to management.
- Provide guidance and expertise to team members and client on industry best practices and technical issues.
- Lead the audit team in providing high quality, timely, and accurate work with minimal disruption to client.
- Develop rapport with client senior management through regular discussions about the business and by effectively communicating results related to audits performed, risks
identified, and emerging issues.
qualifications: Education and Experience:
- 8+ years of experience, with 4 or more in a risk management role.
- Sarbanes-Oxley experience is not required but is a plus.
- BS/BA required
- CPA, CIA or CISA certification is required.
- Strong orientation toward internal control, risk assessment, and operational auditing.
- Play a lead role in client retention, relationship building and communication.
- Financial Institution experience considered a plus, not required. Leadership Skills Required:
- High ethics and integrity.
- Strong team player with a "can do" attitude to support a positive work environment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to communicate effectively with client at all levels of management.
- Strong leadership skills with ability to attract, retain, and develop exceptional talent.
- Demonstrated management experience in a complex environment.
- Sound business judgment, with a broad financial andbusiness perspective.
- Strategic view and ability to execute tactically.
- Excellent project management and analytical skills.
- Ability to challenge norms and standard operating process in a professional and persuasive manner to influence positive change.
If you feel you are qualified and interested in this opportunity, please include both an email address and a phone number with YOUR ATTACHED RESUME.
I will contact you as soon as possible!
For further information, contact:
Who is Randstad??
Learn more at www.randstadusa.com
skills: Audit - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.