Larger mid-size publicly traded company in the tri-valley is currently seeking an Accounting Manager for their corporate accounting group. This position would help oversee the corporate accounting function and manage a strong team of Senior Accountants. Would work closely on full corporate accounting as well as technical accounting projects within a multi-entity environment. Qualified candidates will have 10+ years of experience between audit and industry.
location: Livermore, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
responsibilities: Duties/Responsibilities of Position:
- Manages the company's general accounting operations. Responsible for a timely and accurate monthly general ledger close in a multi-company and multi-division environment.
- Demonstrates strong technical accounting and analytical skills in a complex systems environment.
- Manages, grows and develops the general ledger close team members. Reviews and approves standard and non-standard JE's and balance sheet reconciliations.
- Works closely with operational department managers and teams to hone transactional processes, create efficiencies and enhance performance.
- Owns and improves the production of existing and development of new financial reports.
- Leads and enhances the interface with external auditors during quarterly reviews and annual audits.
- Participates in the company's quarterly SEC reporting and earnings release processes.
- Possesses excellent writing, communication and presentation skills.
- Performs complex accounting research and analysis in support of company and divisional operating performance as necessary.
- Bachelors degree in Accounting/Finance
- CPA preferred.
- Public accounting audit experience required, Big 4 strongly desired.
- 10 + years experience.
- Excellent functional and technical accounting skills with high level of accomplishments.
- Able to build effective teams by motivating others, developing direct reports and managing with a vision and purpose.
skills: Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.