Accountant will assist with streamlining the month-end and year-end closing processes including monthly departmental reporting, general accounting, journal entries, preparation/analysis, balance sheet reconciliation, financial audit support and account analysis. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, have the ability to handle multiple priorities with shifting deadlines and work effectively both as a team member and independently.
location: Purchase, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 30 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
- Preparation and/or review of monthly bank reconciliations
- Preparation of journal entries for company's accounts.
- Prepare account analyses for various balance sheet and income statement accounts.
- Journal entry preparation and entry
- Perform month end close procedures for the generation of financial statements
- Assist in Accounts Receivable accounting including calculation of revenue and royalties as well as preparation of billings for various customers.
- Ad hoc accounting research, analysis and preparation of supporting schedules
- Knowledge of General Ledger accounting practices, specifically account reconciliations, accruals and journal entries applicable to for-profit businesses
- Intermediate level of proficiency in MS Excel
- Ability to work independently and effectively prioritize multiple tasks to accommodate strict deadlines
- Strong analytical skills
skills: Journal Entries
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.