Working with a high growth technology company that is looking for a sharp Senior Accountant that can grow with a dynamic start up type company. This individual needs to be self-motivated, system savvy, detail-oriented. The Senior Accountant will be a key player in assisting the Accounting team with month-end closing and account reconciliations, audits, transactional and operational projects, controls, policies, and other ad-hoc projects. This role reports to the Accounting Manager, and must be a team player with positive "can-do" attitude to help the team be successful.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $90,000 - 105,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare month-end closing journal entries, including resolving discrepancies and ensuring entries are in accordance with US GAAP
- Prepare and own account reconciliations, including proposing journal entries to ensure that balances reconcile
- Own revenue recognition, including understanding and analyzing revenue streams
- Assist with treasury and stock management
- Assist with technical research and technical memos
- Assist with operational transactions such as payroll, expense reimbursement, etc where applicable
- Assist with internal controls, policies, procedures, and scalability improvements including documentation of the control environment
- Assist with the annual audit, including preparing schedules and financial statements
- Prepare monthly financial variances and flux analysis
- Assist in tool applications to integrate with the Company's ERP system
- Partner closely with different cross-functional teams to understand business operations and streamline the process for efficiency
- Adapt to new tasks and responsibilities as the business expands, including accounting for international activities
- Ad-hoc projects as required or as business scales
- Degree in Accounting or Finance, Masters preferred
- 5+ years of experience.
- Strong communication, time management and organizational skills
- Attention to detail
- Experience with process improvement and automation
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel
Please apply directly to this posting.
skills: General Ledger
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.