Currently seeking an Accounts Receivable Clerk. This position is responsible for generating customer invoices; preparing cash receipts for deposit; posting payments received to customer accounts; assisting with collection activities; and posting invoice adjustments among other general accounts receivables tasks.
This position is responsible for generating customer invoices, posting and applying cash receipts, and working with the Accounts Receivable team to perform collection activities and post invoice adjustments to resolve customer discrepancies.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
experience: 2 Years
- Billing and invoice generation
- Preparing cash receipts for deposit
- Posting cash receipts and applying payments to customer accounts
- Processing credit card charges and applying payments to customer accounts
- Assisting the Accounts Receivable team with monitoring and maintaining customer accounts and documenting collection activities
- Preparing and processing invoice adjustments / credit memos / debit memos / refunds, and accounts receivable / sales / bad debt journal entries
- Assisting with fulfillment of audit requests from external auditors and other third parties
- Performing other duties as assigned to support the Accounts Receivable team
- Assisting with month end close including, but not limited to, preparing recurring and adjusting journal entries, and preparing balance sheet account reconciliations including analysis of account changes
- One to two years of college level business courses or the equivalent required
- One to five years of accounts receivable experience required
- Knowledge of billing procedures
- Strong attention to detail required
- Strong work ethic and goal oriented
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, problem solving and analytical skills required
- Ability to work independently and to adapt to a fast changing environment, with a sense of urgency
- Working knowledge of accounting theory required
- Intermediate skills in Microsoft Office including Excel and Word required
- Experience with Oracle Cloud preferred
- Experience in a telecommunications industry preferred
skills: Accounts Receivable, Invoices, AR Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.