job summary: Payroll Clerk II
6 month contract position available.
location: Valencia, California
job type: Contract
salary: $17 - 19 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Completes payroll adjustments in a timely and accurate manner, with proper justification and back-up documentation to support the calculation and/or issuance of additional pay.
- Tracks and follows up to ensure timely receipt of pay data including, but not limited to, commission, bonus, overtime, tip and other payment amounts to be included in payroll processes.
- Assisting with journal preparation.
- Enters data correctly to update and maintain department files, records and forms, including creating and maintaining spreadsheets to calculate, track and/or organize payroll data.
- Distributes pay advices, wage slips, reports and other information as assigned in a timely manner.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel with working knowledge of computerized payroll systems.
- Strong 10 key background
- Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or Accounting or related equivalent work experience.
- Two years of payroll or accounting experience.
- General understanding of wage and hour regulations.
skills: MS Office, Payroll - 50 - 500
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.