A privately held New England based manufacturer is seeking a Controller. Being in business over three decades has allowed this company to develop an excellent reputation with the clients they serve. The business is well-diversified, offering multiple product and service options.
With continued expansion plans that require the CFO to perform more operational work it is critical that the new Controller be able to both manage the month-end close process and also support the CFO on things like due diligence around acquisitions.
location: Bridgewater, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $100,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
So what tasks are involved in this position?
- Preparation of the monthly financial statement close and analysis as well as yearend reporting.
- Serve as a main point of contact for external auditors and maintain adequate records for a variety of regulatory bodies.
- Mentor and train new hires and existing staff while encouraging collaboration.
- Conduct year end and periodic inventory counts at multiple locations.
To be considered for this position, our client is requiring the following:
- At least five or more years of accounting experience in a manufacturing company that includes managing accounting staff including conducting annual reviews
- The desire to be the "head honcho" and run the entire accounting and finance function within ten years.
- Experience participating in the creation of annual budgets as well as budget to actual analysis.
- ERP system experience. Any type will do, but you must understand how different parts of the business interact and the "flow" of information during the manufacturing process.
- Four year degree in Accounting, with professionals possessing additional degrees or designations being preferred but not required.
This position is located in southeastern Massachusetts and commutable from Rhode Island, the New Bedford and Braintree, MA. The salary range is $1000 - $125k and a bonus program is offered.
For confidential consideration please contact Justin T. McAloon, CPA, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org
. Only qualified applicants may receive a response to their inquiry.
skills: Management, Analysis, Leadership, Financial Reporting - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.