Director of Accounting will be responsible for overseeing the areas of corporate accounting, financial reporting and the general ledger/corporate accounting team.
The Director of Accounting must be high energy, hands-on and be able to multi-task. The Director of Accounting will oversee all areas of accounting and reporting. This includes the production of monthly consolidated financial statements. The Director of Accounting will responsible for overseeing accounting staff with general ledger accounting and internal financial reporting. Additionally, The Director of Accounting will act as a business partner on day-to-day operational matters. This individual will be seen as a key point of contact for all reporting, operational accounting, processes and controls and related activities.
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 135,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Oversee accounting operations, internal control systems and policies and procedures.
- Manage and review the month-end closing and financial reporting process
- Ensure that all general ledger accounts are reconciled monthly and quarterly as appropriate
- Implement new accouting ERP system and streamline current accounting processes
- Maintain a documented system of accounting policies and procedures and a system of controls over accounting transactions
- Implement internal management reporting including and interface with external parties (auditors, tax, legal etc.)
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- 7-10 years of progressively responsible experience in a mid-size company
- Corporate Accounting and Financial Reporting experience
- Experience with accounting software implementations
- Demonstrate experience with streamling accounting processes
- Strong Excel and must possess strong organizational and communication skills
- Ability to work with a sense of urgency, able to prioritize
- Experience in developing and fostering a team environment
skills: Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accruals, Asset Management, Analysis, Assessment, AP, AR, Bank Deposits, Audit-Internal, Account Opening - Banking, A/P Processing, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Aging Receivables, Audit - Internal, Audit - External, A/P Review, A/R Review, AR Billing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.