Randstad Professionals is actively searching for a Staff Accountant for a long standing local company offering software as a service. The Staff Accountant supports the general accounting function by maintaining and reconciling assigned general ledger accounts in accordance with GAAP and performing other accounting operations. This position will be functionally focused on Cash and Capital accounting (ASC 606 & 605 preferred). This is a staff level position that will receive day-to-day direction from more senior accounting staff and also report to the Controller.
location: Cary, North Carolina
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Assists and/or independently completes full cycle accounting functions as assigned such as cash, prepaid expenses, fixed assets, accounts payable, accrued expenses, and payroll.
- Prepares journal entries, workpapers, and account reconciliations for entry level to moderately complex accounting matters.
- Researches and corrects account discrepancies.
- Reviews transactions to assure conformance to policies; examines fiscal source documents for completeness, mathematical accuracy, proper authorization where applicable, sufficiency of information for purpose, and proper general ledger coding.
- Assists with the evaluation and documentation of internal controls.
- Prepares property tax returns and other recurring audit, tax or regulatory compliance schedules or reports as assigned.
- Assists with or independently performs annual fixed asset inventories.
- Prepares periodic reporting and analysis for assigned accounting areas.
- Continuously improves processes and procedures for assigned accounting areas.
- Prepares bi-weekly payroll and associated regulatory reporting
- Collaborates with other Corporate Services personnel to efficiently and accurately produce deliverables such as Prophix Personnel database maintenance, account research, etc.
- Deadlines met for journal entries and account reconciliations
- Accuracy of entries and reconciliations
- Number of reclassifications required to correct G/L, department and/or activity coding
- Any audit adjustments and/or control weakness noted
- Employees paid accurately and timely
- Vendors paid within terms
- Feedback from stakeholders
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and internal controls.
- Experience with Oracle financial systems STRONGLY PREFERRED.
- CPA /CPA candidates preferred.
- Intermediate Excel skills (proficient with Lookups, Pivot Tables, IF/THEN statements, and other moderately complex functions)
- Financial modeling skills (e.g. ability to reverse engineer a spreadsheet or model, ability to organize/analyze large volumes of data in Excel, clearly document process, source of data, conclusions, etc.)
- Strong organizational and time management skills with a history of recognizing priorities and consistently meeting deadlines.
- Highly motivated; a "go-getter" who takes initiative to solve problems efficiently and follow through with assigned tasks.
skills: Cash Applications, Cash Management, capital expenditures, Revenue Accounting, Cash Handling
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.