A highly reputable client in WEST PALM BEACH
is looking to add a Medical Billing and Collections Specialist
to their team!
location: North Palm Beach, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $18 - 21 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: High School
experience: 0 Years
- Collects delinquent accounts by establishing payment arrangements with patients; monitoring payments; following up with patients when payment lapses occur.
- Utilizes collection agencies and small claims court to collect accounts by evaluating and selecting collection agencies; determining appropriateness of pursuing legal remedies; testifying in court cases.
- Maintains medicare bad-debt cost report by tracking billings; monitoring collections; compiling information.
- Initiates claims against estates by monitoring deaths and unpaid accounts; informing legal department to act on probate and estate issues; following-up with clerk of court.
- Maintains work operations by following policies and procedures; reporting compliance issues.
- Maintains quality results by following standards.
- Protects company's value by keeping collection information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
- Serves and protects the community by adhering to professional standards, policies and procedures, federal, state, and local requirements.
- Enhances billing department by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
qualifications: Qualifications and Experience:
Legal Compliance, Quality Focus, Productivity, Time Management, Organization, Attention to Detail, Documentation Skills, Analyzing Information , General Math Skills, Resolving Conflict, Litigation
skills: Billing, 3rd Party Billing, Commercial Collections, Consumer Collections, AR Billing, Collection Bureau
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.