INSTRUMENT REFERENCE DATA OPERATIONS- are responsible for creating, maintaining and investigating reference data across the firm's strategic instrument reference data platform (GIM) and various legacy applications (COSMIC, TITAN, WINS, CCMS, TRAC, BDAS) acting as guardians of that data and responding to request and queries from the users
location: Wilmington, Delaware
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 22 per hour
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
responsibilities: Roles & Responsibilities
- Create new instruments for various Equities, Fixed Income and Equity Derivatives products in Reference Data system
- Update/modify assets based on internal client initiated changes (Middle Office, Trade support, Settlements) or Corporate actions
- Regular maintenance of securities that require coupon, rate fixing and/or factor updates on a daily basis from sources like Bloomberg, Reuters etc.
- Perform research through Bloomberg and Reuters to find missing or additional information required to complete set up or maintenance while providing support from 8am to 8pm EST.
- Participate/Coordinate in special projects such as; data clean up, process improvement analysis, metrics reporting
- Plan and prioritize all projects handled by the team.
- Monitor rejects Queue and clears them on a timely basis.
- Ensuring Checklist, Metrics and EOD activities are completed and signed off.
- Ensuring timely updating/review of SOPs, Issue Logs and Project tracker.
- Handling and monitoring issue and query mails and escalating issues promptly to the Team Leader
- A proactive approach to problem solving, taking ownership of issues and having the determination to follow things through.
- Relationship Management
- Communicate with internal business partners on a frequent basis
- Manage business partner expectations and build a good rapport
- College Degree with 2-4 Years of experience in a financial services sector.
- Knowledge of external reference data providers -BLOOMBERG, REUTERS, etc. will be an advantage
- Knowledge of handling various related instrument reference data, Middle office functions - desirable
- Proficient in MS excel
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Flexible and willing to stretch
- Focus on quality and controlled environment.
- Attention to detail.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.