job summary: Cost Inventory Analyst
A global design and manufacturing leader of leading digital display mounting, furniture, and mobility products that have been improving the human interface with digital displays for 35 years is in search of a Cost Inventory Analyst. Primary duties of the Cost/Inventory Analyst are to:
- Identify and analyze cost factors to maintain accurate product costs in the ERP system.
- Analyze and close production jobs.
- Help in the preparation of monthly reporting including monthly operating results and variance analysis, and complete inventory reconciliations and excess calculations.
- Maintain a close working relationship with all areas of Operations, Engineering, Product Management and Procurement to ensure a complete understanding of product cost development.
location: Saint Paul, Minnesota
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
responsibilities: Position Responsibilities:
- Maintain product costs on a daily and periodic basis as needed to ensure product costing is accurate.
- Systematically evaluate changes in product design, engineering changes, material and operating costs and prepare periodic reports comparing standard costing to actual costs.
- Review costed bill of materials and routings to ensure completeness. Understand and analyze freight expense, material cost development, and labor and overhead rates.
- Analyze and close production jobs on a daily/weekly basis.
- Analyze unissued materials and large production variances to know if the orders can be closed or should remain open for further analysis.
- Work with Operations and ensure work orders are processed and managed timely and completely to prevent aging of WIP inventories.
- Support monthly and annual forecasting processes.
- Understand how variances analyzed during the current period and year will impact the financials in subsequent periods.
- Assist Operations in mapping a a more efficient path in future periods.
- Work with local Operations and ensure work orders are processed and managed timely and completely to prevent aging of WIP inventories.
- Support all inventory accuracy initiatives including daily cycle count process and analysis and physical inventories as needed.
- Complete monthly cycle count reporting.
qualifications: Position Requirements (Knowledge and Experience):
If you wish to be considered for this opportunity, please email your resume directly to:
- Four-year accounting/finance degree combined with 5+ years of relevant experience in standard costing environment, preferably in a manufacturing setting.
- Must have an in-depth knowledge of manufacturing processes and how they impact product costing: bill of materials, routing set up, outside processing etc.
- Knowledge of accounting systems and controls.
- Oracle Costing or similar ERP experience preferred.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated, attention to detail, accuracy.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.