A local manufacturer in Glasgow, KY has an immediate job opening for a Production & Inventory Control Manager (PIC Manager). This posiiton reports directly to the Plant Manager and indirectly to the Cost Accounting Manager. They will be responsible for managing and overseeing all facility cost accounting and inventory control activities and will supervise 1-2 employees. This is a full-time, salaried position with a salary starting at $74K + bonus potential DOE. For immediate consideration, please apply directly to this posting and/or email your resume to email@example.com.
location: Glasgow, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $74,000 - 78,000 per year
work hours: 7 to 3
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Review cost runs and explain period to period changes in cost.
- Review and report SAP manufacturing variances daily as they relate to production order variances.
- Analyze COGS material accounts daily and research all unusual entries.
- Evaluate fixed and variable costs vs. goals.
- Actual material usage/comsumption tracking by G/L account or material account.
- Review and report margin analysis.
- Update and maintain Master Data Tables in SAP for which customer products, cost and material usage are established. Audit part codes for material usage.
- Regular setup, review, update & maintenance of BOM's and routings in SAP. Works with Technical Manager and Process Engineer to ensure accurate material usage (BOM vs. actual) and production time requirements.
- Setup materials in SAP and establish new material codes. New raws, halbs and finished goods.
- Understand Material Ledger and SAP material variances and Purchase Price Variance (PPV) for materials.
- Review of all BOMs to analyze changes in product design, raw materials, manufacturing methods, run rates, raw material usage factors, etc.
- Actively lead strategic and tactical aspects for Inventory Control and tracking of all plant materials.
- Project management for reconciling the balances between the physical, perpetual and financial inventory.
- Lead role for all physical inventory counts and reconciliations and responsible for accuracy of all inventory reserves.
- Responsible for annual updating of internal control narratives (SOX) for inventory activities and cycle counts of materials.
- Control flow of raw materials in the plant and apply correct reorder strategies. Coordinate with purchasing to meet procurement requirements.
- Manage inventory flow of materials to subcontractors and other vendor activities.
- Coordinate with shipping to optimize finished good storage space and adjust inventories or communicate floor space requirements.
Education and Experience:
For immediate consideration, please apply directly to this posting and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BA/BS Degree in Accounting or related field.
- 2-5 years of cost accounting experience within a manufacturing setting.
- GAAP/IFRS Knowledge.
- SAP softward experience.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
- Strong inventory accounting background.
- 3+ years of operational experience with inventory.
- Financial reporting experience.
skills: Certified Management Accountant
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.