A local manufacturer in Benton, KY has an immediate job opening for a Cost Accountant. This posiiton reports directly to the CFO. . This is a newly created position and will operat as part of the manfacturing team. The Cost Accountant will set cost objectives and will measure cost performance jof the factory. This is a full-time, salaried position with a salary starting at $60,580 - $64,899 + bonus potential DOE and performance. For immediate consideration for this position, please apply directly to this posting and/or email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
location: Benton, Kentucky
job type: Permanent
salary: $60,000 - 65,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 4
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Responsible for planning, studying, collecting and analyzing data to determine the actual costs of business activity for raw materials, inventory and labor. Tracking costs daily to determine if they are meeting expectations as each accounting month progresses. The cost accountant directs actvities of product costing, product manufacturing analysis and inventory accuracy/valuation.
The position provides recommendations to senior management in support of achievement of Company cost goals.
- Measures current costs
- Sets objectives with the manufacturing team on cost improvements
- Provides continuous measurement and feedback on all costs.
- Relates physical purchasing and consumption data to operational costs.
- Measures BOM material usage vs. actual usage.
- Establishes all new material codes.
- Review and report SAP manufacturing variances daily, especially as they relate to production order variances.
- Analyzes COGS material accounts daily and research all unusual entries. · Detailed scrap accounting, analysis and control.
- Reviews and reports margin analysis. Work with facility personnel ( Plant managers, area managers/supervisors, etc.) for full understanding of manufacturing processes and associated raw materials.
- Tracks actual material usage/consumption by G/L account or material account.
- Ensures accuracy of physical inventory.
- Monitors cycle count program.
- Participates frequently in cycle counts and research abnormal results.
- Establishes all inventory reserves - finished goods, WIP and raw materials. Lead excess and obsolete inventory review process.
- Controls flow of raw materials into manufacturing process.
- Understands fundamentals of material ledger and periodic cost run updates to explain period to period changes.
- Ensures material ledger and BOM's are in sync.
- Works with the Purchasing group to understand and eliminate any errors in purchase price variance.
- Annual update and testing of internal control (SOX) narratives related to areas of responsibility.
- May also be required to evaluate fixed costs vs. goals.
- Works with Outside SAP Contractor and others to construct and monitors effective daily cost accumulation techniques and inventory control.
- Serves as backup for Cognos system reporting for month end close.
- Assists in Month end close.
Education and Experience:
For immediate consideration for this position, please apply directly to this posting and/or email your resume to email@example.com.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting
- Minimum 5 Years of cost accounting within a manufacturing setting.
- GAAP/IFRS knowledge
- Certified Management Accountant (CMA) preferred.
- SAP Software experience.
- Strong inventory accounting.
- 3+ years of operational experience with inventory.
- Experience working with engineering and manufacturing personnel on the development of cost standards and resolving problems.
- Advanced MS Excel skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills with attention to detail.
- Professional presentation skills.
- Demonstrates an understanding of physical manufacturing processes and materials
skills: Cost Accounting, GAAP, Certified Management Accountant, IFRS, Standard Cost/Cost Accounting Standards
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.