The Senior Product Manager will develop the sourcing and sales of nutraceutical ingredients in nutritional, pharmaceutical and health and personal care sectors in North America. Types of products my client sells are considered specialty ingredients and custom manufactured products.
location: Shelton, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 125,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 15 Years
This position will require the candidate to be able to:
- Must have strong long-term relationships with customers and suppliers in the nutraceutical industry and proven track record of growing sales and profit margin year-over-year, with a focus of selling custom manufactured nutraceutical ingredients.
- Grow the business by developing new reputable customers/suppliers, and identifying new growth opportunities with existing customers.
- Source and qualify nutraceutical ingredients from reputable/trustworthy suppliers, and develop strong supplier relationships in conjunction with our purchasing agent located in Shanghai.
- Negotiate prices and terms with both suppliers and customers and close profitable deals.
- Collaborate and work cross-functionally with other members of the team
- Develops technical product knowledge; Conduct Market Analysis, establish and adjust selling prices by monitoring costs, competition, supply and demand.
- Manage inventory levels to support business
- Participate in the design and implementation of strategies to improve sales results
- Prepare an annual sales budget, monitor product sales, achieve financial objectives and explain variances
- Provide written reports on sales and development activities as requested
- Communicate with accounting on proper posting of receivables, assist on collection of receivables as needed
- Knowledgeable about import practices and inco-terms
- Participate in Nutraceutical and Chemical Industry Trade shows
Time allocation: 75% new business development / 25% account maintenance
Bachelor's degree, (Master's degree preferred) in International Trade, Sales and Marketing, Chemistry or related field and 10-15 years of commercial/technical sales experience in a specialty chemicals manufacturing/distribution or trading company. Must be organized, opportunistic, and able to work both independently and as part of a team. This job requires someone who is self-motivated, ambitious, highly determined and not easily deterred. The person should possess initiative and an "entrepreneurial" spirit. The person should have great interpersonal and communication skills. This position is based in our Shelton, CT office and requires minimum 40% travel - trade shows, overnight, domestic and international.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.