Randstad is working with one of its cutting edge, non-profit companies who is looking for an accounting assistant. They are privately held and helping to accelerate the commercialization of clean technologies. Recognized as one of the most innovative business incubators in the world. Our client identifies local entrepreneurs across multiple business sectors and guides them to market, creating jobs that advance L.A.'s green economy. In just five years, our client has helped 67 companies raise $134M in funding, created 1,500 jobs, and delivered more than $335M in long
term economic value for the City of Los Angeles.
The Accounting Assistant will:
- Play an essential role in the financial management of the organization.
- Be responsible for the performance and maintenance of our accounts payable function and provide assistance with payroll processing, in accordance with GAAP, the Uniform Guidance and all requirements applicable to 501(c)(3) organizations.
- Reporting to Senior Director of Finance & Compliance, this role will also support the accounts receivable function, maintain the department record keeping system, and assist with additional departmental projects and research.
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $47,000 - 50,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
? A/P Processing : New vendor setup in QuickBooks; Review invoices for appropriate
documentation and approvals prior to processing; Code invoices; Prepare A/P aging reports;
Package and distribute checks; Reconcile vendor statements
? Vendor Communication & Invoicing : Communicate with vendors regarding discrepancies,
outstanding invoices, and Form W-9's; Compile vendor and subcontractor invoices and other documentation in preparation for grant/contract billings
? Payroll Support : Review employee time sheets; Follow up with employees; Prepare bi-weekly
timesheet summaries for payroll processing; Generate monthly physical timesheets
? Sales Tax & Receipts : Record sales receipts; Report sales tax information to third party processor;
Reconcile sales receipts to merchant statements
? Audit & 1099 Prep : Assist with financial audit preparation; Assist with annual Form 1099 preparation
Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Finance or Business complete or near completion.
- You're a numbers person who is also a people person . In addition to your crazy accounting skills, you are an excellent communicator, great listener, and you're not afraid to ask questions.
- You're super organized. In fact, your organization, attention to detail and time management skills are award-worthy! (Color-coded Excel spreadsheets and pivot tables, anyone?)
- You're willing to go the extra mile and are a go-getter and self-starter with the ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment.
- Adaptable and can flex comfortably between working independently with limited supervision, and operating fluidly within a dynamic team environment.
If interested, please send resume to Meloni.Waller@randstadusa.com
skills: Account Reconciliation, AP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.