job summary: Overview
Our client is seeking a full time Accounting Analyst to join their growing, focused, high-volume client accounting team in the Washington office.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 60,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Maintains regular communication with partners and other lawyers to discuss client matter billing status and agree on strategy and timing of invoice preparation
- Tracks bill processing status and engages in necessary follow?up to ensure successful processing and timely payment to the Firm
- Prepares, submits and coordinates client invoice/ebills to client and third party ebilling vendor websites utilizing ebilling templates and other software tools
- Reviews and edits timekeeper diaries and costs for compliance with Firm and client/vendor terms and guidelines, including the processing of corrections as needed to minimize delays in uploading or rejection of the client invoices/ebills
- Prepares and distributes regular reporting to assist lawyers and clients with client matter billing status review, including budgets, accruals and estimates
- Tracks client billing arrangements, contact information and other related information maintained in the firm's new matter intake
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in accounting
- Experience in a professional services environment and the accounting function desirable
- Fundamental knowledge of accounting and billing policies/procedures
- Superior detail orientation as well as strong word processing, mathematics, organizational, task/project tracking and oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Excel, Word and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with Elite, Aderant or other financial applications a plus
- Quick study with new software and processes
- Flexibility to work overtime on an as needed basis
Click to Apply!
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.