The Controller will be handling all accounting operations of the company to include financial reporting and month-end close. This position requires multi-tasking, preparation of financial statements, cash flow analysis, reconciliations, forecasting, and internal controls.
We're looking for a highly competent, detail-oriented and strategic professional who understands and embraces the company's mission and will provide excellence in responsiveness and understanding. He or she is an individual who will successfully partner with the company's leadership by providing excellent customer care, as well as the strategic vision to continue to move the company forward.
location: Concord, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 150,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 7 Years
- Manage the month-end close process, including preparation of monthly financial statements in accordance with GAAP by the 15th of the following month except for year end. The year-end financial statements should be completed by 45th day following year end.
- Posting of bank activity and Reconciliation of bank statements to the general ledger
- Establish an allowance for sales returns based on historical trends
- Reconciliation and preparation of supporting schedules for other receivables,
prepaid expenses, and other assets to the general ledger
- Maintenance of fixed asset schedule and calculation and posting of depreciation
- Assist in developing and maintaining inventory costing procedures
- Analysis of inventory valuation
- Analysis of any obsolete inventory
- Calculation any markdown allowances
- Analysis of inventory deposits
- Analysis of inventory in-transit
- Reconciliation of accounts payable to general ledger
- Maintaining proper cutoff
- Make sure vendor invoices are properly coded
- Reconciliation and preparation of supporting schedules for all accrued expenses
outside of accounts payable
- Reconciliation and posting of company credit cards
- Reconciliation of customer deposits
- Reconciliation of gross profit to the general ledger
- Reconciliation and posting of deferred rent
- Manage day to day cashflow
- Process vendor payments
- Oversight of payroll process
- Responsible to file all necessary tax returns and other compliance
- Preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Monthly financial statement analysis
- Comparison of actual results to budget forecast and reporting results and analysis to upper level management.
- Analysis of gross profit margins to budgets
- Manage accounting staff
- Work closely with CPA firm on corporate tax returns and other tax filings
- A Bachelor's Degree is required.
- Strong Accounting skills required. Understanding of GAAP Accounting.
- Previous experience in E-Commerce is preferred.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills, communicating professionally with others.
- They should also work well in a team environment, as well as on their own with minimal supervision.
For immediate & confidential consideration, contact me at email@example.com.
skills: Month-End Close
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.