Looking for an opportunity to join an exciting, industry leading company? We are a global supplier to the nuclear energy, medical and civil defense industries, and we are looking for a rockstar Legal Secretary to join our East Bay team! This is an excellent opportunity to join a Legal Department of four in our global headquarters.
The Legal Secretary supports the Legal Department and interacts extensively with senior management, law firms, and other vendors.
location: San Ramon, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Provide standard administrative/secretarial support for the Legal Department focusing on corporate governance and transactions, including but not limited to word processing; scanning; duplicating; faxing; distributing mail/documents; preparing overnight delivery packages; opening and maintaining working files; scheduling meetings; arranging travel and preparing expense reports; coordinating and obtaining executive signatures on various documents; tracking law firm billings; running compliance checks and ordering compliance reports from vendors; creating and managing organizational processes (i.e., master calendar) to increase efficiency and productivity.
- Provide specialized support for patents, trademarks and other IP matters, tracking correspondence from law firms and updating the IP docket; managing the payment of filing fees, annuities and other renewal payments; ordering trademark research reports.
- Provide administrative and secretarial backup for other department secretaries as needed.
- Experience in corporate law department and/or corporate departments of law firm required.
- Specific experience supporting corporate governance and/or M&A legal practice helpful.
- AA degree or equivalent experience required.
- Minimum 3 years legal secretarial experience required.
- Strong computer skills required, specifically in word processing (MS Word), document comparison (MS Word) and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
- Experience in advanced features of Word, such as template creation/document assembly techniques, highly desirable.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint and/or Excel desired but not required.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect an ability to be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate a high level of customer/client service. Proven ability to manage a variety of projects simultaneously and to prioritize them to accommodate shifting deadlines.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with customers of the Legal Department. Must be able to interact effectively with people from many different functional backgrounds, countries and cultures.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong interpersonal skills and able to work in a team environment. A sense of humor, commitment to professionalism, integrity, and personal accountability.
- Foreign language ability is not required. French or Mandarin language ability would be a plus.
For immediate and confidential consideration, please apply and email your resume to Michael.Gersovitz@randstadusa.com
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.