Our very exciting and interesting Government Corporation is seeking a Contract Specialist to join our indispensable Contracting Team (not a "contract" or "temp" role, Direct Hire!).
The company operates as a wholly-owned government corporation and faces many of the typical contracting needs and challenges that a private sector operating business needs to address. In addition, we have unique opportunities to work with professionals in historic preservation, archaeology, historic landscape architecture, materials conservation, forestry, curatorial practices, and construction and engineering.
location: San Francisco, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 82,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Our Contracting Team supports our various major contracting efforts. On a regular basis our team supports our hospitality, public programming, educational initiatives, operations, planning, information technology, transportation and many interesting and multi-faceted lines of business.
- Perform pre-award contract activities. Develop contracting plan, contractor resourcing, and interface with various user groups (engineering, construction, operations, maintenance, transportation, municipal services, natural resources and others as necessary) in support of preparation of RFPs/IFBs. Manage solicitation process including pre-bid meetings/job-walks, bid evaluation/analysis and price negotiations, award recommendations, and contract execution.
- Coordinate negotiation of contract terms and conditions.
- Perform all facets of pre-award/post-award and contract/solicitation administration.
- Administer changes to contracts including contract modifications and audits.
- Prepare, administer and manage Task Order contracts and Task Orders.
- Proactive in ensuring contract compliance, and that various reporting requirements, invoices and supporting documents are completed in a timely manner.
- Monitor Davis Bacon/Service Contract Act prevailing wage rates where applicable.
- Perform close out of contracts, and finalize outstanding contract issues, final invoices and contractor performance evaluations.
- Interface with Trust management with respect to contracting activities.
- Assist the Associate Director of Contracting in working with Legal to identify new contract formats and ensure proper document language.
- Manage the Trusts Purchase Card Program. Train cardholders, issue cards, enforce procedures, and maintain and revise procedures to keep the program as efficient as possible.
- Serve as Travel Coordinator with responsibility for training cardholders, managing Travel Cards, monitoring travel planning, processing employee travel reimbursements, and revising agency procedures as necessary.
Our ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, and devoted to providing exceptional contract support. You proactively communicate, operate well independently and collaboratively as a team player, and can easily transition between tasks, details, and systems. Dependability, flexibility and dedication are key in this fast-paced office.
skills: MS Office
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.