Our Fairfield County is seeking an Payroll Supervisor to oversee the processing of multi-state weekly and semi-monthly payroll for 3000+ full time and part time employees. The Payroll Supervisor will also be responsible for overseeing and mentoring 2 direct reports.
Prior management and tax filing (941s) experience is required.
location: Fairfield, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Supervise the processing of all payroll functions for 3000+ employees.
- Balance workload among staff as needed.
- Oversee the entire payroll auditing process.
- Stay current on federal, state and local tax laws that pertain to payroll processing.
- Ensure accuracy of data, including ACH and postive pay, 403B, FSA, and H.S.A.
- Understanding of gross wagers, taxable wages, Sui wages, pre/post tax deductions, tax withholdings, accruals, garnishments, disposable income, moving/relo expenses, deceased employee payouts, bonus pay and handling of over-payment/repayment.
- Manage entire timekeeping process for hourly employees.
- Partner with HR and Benefits staff to implement operational procedures.
- Ensure tax compliance for all payroll withholding and unemployment tax filings for multi-state payroll.
- Oversee the creation of year-end W-2 forms.
- Reconcile payroll accounts and create accounting adjusting enbtries for payroll and accounting.
- Special Projects as needed.
- BS in Accounting/Finance preferred
- 5 plus years of Payroll/Accounting experience
- Prior supervisory experience
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
- Strong Excel skills
- Workday payroll processing and time tracking experience a strong plus.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.