Want to make a big move with the top Ocean Logistics Transportation company in the United States? Are you bilingual English/Spanish? My client is seeking a Staff Accountant. The optimal Staff Accountant will have a minimum of two (2) years of experience as a staff accountant, possess a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, and be able to speak, read, and write English and Spanish at an intermediate level preferred. Step into the role of Staff Accountant where you will be responsible for intercompany transactions, corresponding with the companies Hondura's office, assist during month-end close, conduct physical inventories and assist with financials.
Now is the time to reduce your commute, and work for a company known for its stability!
location: Houston, Texas
job type: Permanent
salary: $55,000 - 57,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Assists during month and month-end close with the recording of recurring journal entries.
- Assists with physical inventories in an industrial environment
- Prepares and posts journal entries related to salaries & benefits expense, accruals, and explains variances.
- Responsible for intercompany transaction and for preparing the monthly intercompany reconciliations.
- Perform all related functions for the assigned balance sheet accounts, such as accounts receivables, fixed assets, prepaid, other assets, accounts payables, accruals, etc. and for analyzing and preparing the reconciliations.
- Prepares monthly accruals, allocations and associated schedules related to cost of sale and general and administrative expenses.
- Prepares reports detailing monthly administrative and operational expenses and explains variances.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual and quarterly forecast updates.
- Compiles data for the preparation and analysis of reports, key indicators, sales, inventories, etc.
- Communicates with other offices to obtain and provide details regarding accounts variances.
- Assists with financial monthly, quarterly reporting and deadlines to our corporate office.
- Assists in the compilation of documentation for internal and external audits.
- Assist as necessary with billing, collections and accounts payables.
- Minimum of two (2) years of experience as a staff accountant
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
- Speak, write and read English and Spanish at an intermediate level
- Work experience at a $15 million revenue (or greater) for profit company (government or not-for-profit experience will not be considered).
- Experience in explaining variance analysis and reconciliation preparation.
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP (Generally Accepted Accounting Principles).
- Intermediate computer skills in MS Word, Excel & Outlook
Ready to take your career to the next level? Contact Kourtney Kadrich at email@example.com.
skills: General Ledger, Spanish, Inventory, GAAP
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.