Professional company in the Harrisburg, PA area seeks a dynamic controller who will report directly to the CEO. The Controller will oversee the day-to-day operations of all accounting activities which includes general accounting, accounts receivables and payables, report preparation, and weekly and month-end closings.
location: Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 50 per hour
work hours: 8 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Generate monthly and quarterly financial reports as required
- Produce financial statements, detailed variance analysis, and general ledger account reconciliation for individual entities
- Responsible for general ledger accuracy, accounts payable, payroll, and cash management
- Prepare journal entries with supporting documents for all the entities
- Assist with budgets, forecasts, and variance analysis
- Assist in the creation and enforcement of internal controls
- Assist with accounting system enhancements
- Performs related duties as assigned or requested
- Prepare detailed cash flow forecasts and analysis and present to management.
- Work with the management team to prepare departmental budgets, analyze the actual vs forecasted budgets monthly, and provide analysis and recommendations for improving revenue and cutting costs.
- Establish, monitor, and enforce policies and procedures to increase efficiency and maintain adherence to GAAP.
- Assist with maintaining relationships with external vendors and with contract negotiation.
- Oversee accounts payable and accounts receivable.
- Maintain relationships with bankers & merchant bank, including monitoring fees and charges.
- Comply with local, state, and federal government reporting requirements and tax filings.
- Maintain corporate insurance, including liability, comprehensive, and workers comp
- Bachelor's in Accounting or Business Administration
- Licensed CPA preferred
- Must have 5+ years of experience as an Assistant Controller, Controller; or Public Accountant
- Conscientious about timeliness of assignments and quality of work product
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, QuickBooks.
Please send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org for immediate consideration.
skills: Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.