The Senior Accountant will collaborate with company leaders on special projects and requests, as required, to accommodate accelerated growth and other strategic initiatives.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Contract
salary: $25 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepare and record asset, liability, revenue, and expenses entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Prepare the monthly reporting packages including analysis of current actual results to prior period actual results to budget for internal management reporting and external reporting.
- Perform month-end general ledger close activities including accruing expenses, preparing, reviewing and recording journal entries, reconciling general ledger accounts and other analysis.
- Create and participate in the development of best practice processes for accounting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting of various accounts to ensure accuracy and compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles.
- Maintain and balance subsidiary accounts by verifying, allocating, posting, reconciling transactions; resolving discrepancies.
- BS in Accounting with 5+ years of experience, CPA preferred
- Strong communication skills
- Non-profit experience a plus
- Experienced with Microsoft products, particularly Excel, Word and Outlook
- Knowledge of JD Edwards Enterprise One
- Ability to develop end-user reports
- Ability to perform account analysis
- Ability to support Staff Accountants
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.