Successful consumer products company in Marina del Rey is seeking an AP/Payroll Specialist to join their fun office team.
location: Marina Del Rey, California
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
AP/Payroll Specialist Responsibilities:
- Code invoices, vouchers, expense reports, check requests, etc. in conformance with standard procedures in preparation for entry in Microsoft Dynamics G
- Responds to vendor inquiries via phone and email
- Monitors vendor payment agreements to find discounts that can be used to reduce invoice amounts
- Attaches the corresponding purchase orders to incoming invoices with all supporting documentation
- Investigates and resolves problems with invoice and purchase order processing
- Prepares batch check runs, wire transfers, and ACH transactions
- Assists with monthly status reports and monthly closings
- Reconciles accounts by identifying errors in posting or omissions while applying appropriate accounting techniques
- Responsible for paying sales tax on appropriate invoices and making note of each tax payment made
- Track credits owed to the company and ensure credits are properly applied to vendor payments
- Process payroll, payroll taxes, and reports
AP/Payroll Specialist Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree
- 1+ year experience
skills: A/P Processing
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.