Real Estate Investment Company in Boca Raton has an immediate need for a Tax Manager with a strong REIT background. The Tax Manager will be responsible for managing the Company's compliance with all REIT qualifications in order to maintain the Company's REIT status and assist Senior Management with the REIT due diligence process that analyzes the REIT implications of business transactions. This is a great position for diligent REIT Tax Manager to gain valuable work experience and further their career. Apply today!
location: Boca Raton, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $110,000 - 115,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 6
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Preparing and monitoring of income tax provisions and related GAAP disclosures
- Monitoring of REIT compliance, including: estimating current taxable income and assisting with forecasting taxable income, tax characterization of dividends and the REIT income and asset tests.
- Assisting with the automation and maintenance of daily REIT compliance reporting and coordinating with risk, compliance, tax, and public reporting groups
- Review and prepare income test calculations to determine qualifying versus non-qualifying income.
- Reviews the REIT's quarterly asset test and discount cash flow calculations.
- Reviews and prepares documentation to support the REIT's compliance with the organizational REIT requirements.
- Reviews and prepares the REIT's distribution requirements, taxable income, Earnings & Profits (E&P) forecasting and 1099-DIV reporting.
- Prepares documentation to support the Taxable REIT Subsidiaries (TRS)
- Documents the REIT's built-in gain and prohibited transaction tax implications on a quarterly basis.
- Analyzes the REIT's compliance and prepares the REIT checklist as part of the quarterly financial statement audit and review process.
- Reviews transfer pricing journal entries to ensure compliance between the REIT and TRS.
- Drafts and maintains the intercompany service agreements between the REIT and TRS.
- Prepares supporting documentation for the transfer pricing annual update and coordinate with outside tax advisors.
- Assists with the REIT 1120-REIT tax return review and preparation of the REIT attachments and schedules.
- Assists with the REIT due diligence process that analyzes all business opportunities and determines whether the contracts are qualifying REIT contracts or non-qualifying TRS contracts.
- Maintains documentation to support Sarbanes Oxley compliance.
- Assists with obtaining REIT tax opinions from the REIT legal counsel.
- Assists with requests related to REIT income tax audits.
- Develops, documents and implements tax policies and procedures.
- Bachelor's degree and 5+ years of experience in taxation
- Master's degree and CPA certification are highly desirable
- 7+ years of Federal & State Tax and REIT Compliance experience
- Experience with REIT qualifications and maintaining REIT status.
- Must have federal tax return experience. Knowledge of OneSource a plus.
- A sufficient understanding of accounting and financial statements
skills: 10-K, Ameritax, 1099s, Bank Investments
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.