The Automotive Controller must have proven hands-on experience in preparing consolidated financial statements for multiple locations and have experience working in a high volume fast-paced environment. The Automotive Controller will also provide hands-on accounting, leadership and administrative support and maintain strong financial reporting controls and integrity over multiple dealerships.
location: Columbia, Missouri
job type: Permanent
salary: $120,000 - 130,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 10 Years
- Prepare consolidated financial statements in accordance with GAAP and corporate accounting policies and procedures
- Manage the daily accounting and administrative operations for multiple stores
- Develop and maintain effective cash management system and keeping management informed on accounting trends and cash flow positions at multiple dealership
- Perform timely consolidated month-end closings and submission of financial statements to franchise management
- Manage and safeguard assets and ensure proper financial reporting controls over multiple stores
- Work with operational staff, sales managers and senior management and the dealerships to improve revenue and reduce operating expenses
- Ensure compliance with policies and standard operational procedures for multiple dealerships.
- 10 years plus of automotive dealership experience in a multi-store/multi-location environment
- Detailed knowledge and experience with preparing domestic OEM financial statements for multiple locations
- Demonstrated proficiency with Reynolds & Reynolds (R&R) Dealer Management System (DMS)
- Ability to multi-task, work with various levels of management and manage accounting and administrative staff.
skills: Access, Account Reconciliation, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Accruals, 3rd Party Billing, Analysis, Activity Based Cost, Account Opening - Banking, A/P Processing, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, Analysis - Brand/Market, Analysis - Lease/Buy, 1099s, A/P Review, A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.