Staff Accountant II
2) Staff Accountant II positions open with a large, publicly traded corporation due to growth!!!
Company provides 401K + match, 80% paid medical/dental insurance (Cigna), deferred compensation plans, etc!!
This is a contract to hire position (90 day probation on contract). 70K + 10% bonus!!
Overview: The Accountant II is responsible for preparing in a timely and accurate manner monthly and quarterly variance analysis in accordance with the Accounting close schedule. Provide timely submission of information and analysis to manager for both internal and external audit requests.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Contract
salary: $31.25 - 33.65 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
Detailed analysis and preparation of reports for the Executive Management of the company
- Ensures accurate and timely compilation of accounting information, analysis and reporting in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Company policies and procedures
- Support month-end, quarter-end and year-end accounting close for areas of functional responsibility. Activities performed include preparation of accruals, journal entries, account reconciliations, management reports and other financial analysis as required.
- Follow up and resolve outstanding balancing issues
- Accurate and efficient maintenance of the general ledger accounts
- Support preparation and distribution of monthly accounting management reports and statistical analysis based upon areas within accounting such as but not limited to cash, accruals, accounts receivable, accounts payable, intercompany reconciliations, and inventory
- Provide support for internal and external audits
- Responsible for ensuring accounting files and archives are maintained in accordance with company document retention policy
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting a must; MBA degree preferred
- Minimum of three years of relevant and progressive professional experience in accounting and/or finance
- 3-5 years of recent accounting or finance experience accompanied by a comprehensive knowledge of accounting principles
- Advanced proficiency and experience using Microsoft Office Package (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills with an emphasis on confidentiality
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.