A leader in the IT Managing Services Industry is looking for a Logistics Procurement Contractor to help bring their client, a global social media powerhouse, to the next level. This individual contributor will support global AR/VR and FRL teams through the establishment of best logistics procurement practices, working with XFN teams within AR/VR, FRL (including: tax, trade, finance, procurement, security, legal, IT, tradeops) to drive E2E vendor management procurement practices to increase speed, efficiency, scalability and long-term competitive advantage. The Logistics Procurement Contractor will support the delivery of the business with executed contacts that result in cost savings and reduced lead times.
location: San Jose, California
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 154,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 8 Years
- Design and establish high quality vendor management strategy, methodology, framework, and metrics. Ensure executable solutions are "right-sized" for speed, scalability, and repeatability.
- Foster cross-functional collaboration and alignment within AR/VR and Facebook to drive communication, integrated planning and execution. Leverage organizational expertise and bandwidth.
- Establish vendor management strategy and methodology for AR/VR logistics.
- Design and execute prioritized RFP roadmap.
- Conduct industry benchmark analyses to establish cost and service baselines. Compare to FB actuals. Set Northstar metrics.
- Build and manage a high quality, XFNal E2E RFP process for the non-revenue supply chain, including prototype & developer fulfillment, dangerous goods, transportation/customs clearance. Leverage XFN organizational expertise and bandwidth.
- Build and manage a high quality, XFNal E2E RFP process for the mass production supply chain, including inbound and outbound transportation. Leverage XFN organizational expertise and bandwidth.
- Negotiate contract pricing to deliver substantial cost savings
- Co-collaborate, with supply chain finance, "right-sized" business cases.
- Create simple, scalable reporting, including at the executive-level.
- Collaborate to build a centralized repository for deliverables and completed documentation.
- Create a benchmarking database and process documentation.
Education and Other Requirements
- 8 years proven experience designing, establishing and managing a strategic supply chain procurement function within growing, matrixed organizations
- 8+ years creating RFPs, conducting benchmark analyses, negotiating contracts and delivering substantial cost savings
- 8+ years in roles where gained knowledge of key supply chain functions, including transportation, fulfillment, customs
- Able to understand end to end business process and operations, and identify issues, risks, and opportunities, qualitatively and quantitatively
- Exceptional XFN communication abilities both in a matrix and with outside partners
- Ability to effectively persuade and influence
- Proven indirect leadership experience
- Excellent presentation/facilitation skills; able to summarize clearly and concisely
- Creative, critical problem-solver
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite, including PowerPoint, & Word
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Supply Chain Management required
- Master's Degree (MBA, MA) preferred
- Start-up environment experience preferred
- CPM certification preferred; negotiation training a plus
- Travel 25-50% of time
- Able to be in a stationary position for a considerable time (sitting and/or standing)
- Able to collaborate with colleagues via face to face, conference calls, and online
If you think you have the qualifications to take this company to the next level, or know of someone, please contact me at email@example.com for a confidential conversation and resume review.
skills: Certified Purchasing Manager (CPM)
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.