The Senior Sales Support Specialist is accountable for providing top-notch pre-sales support to all sources of business. This individual is a primary point of contact and resource for producers and back offices for items relating to the insurance pre-sales process, including product information, case design, illustrations, and assistance with any marketing or new business and underwriting needs.
location: Boston, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $50,000 - 56,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
- Build a foundation of life product knowledge with the ability to explain technical aspects of product features, benefits, and riders.
- Produce life insurance illustrations that are both timely and accurate.
- Demonstrate an innovative mindset to provide alternate solutions, illustrations and case designs to help win the sale.
- Follow-up with stakeholders to determine that illustrations meet their needs and help complete the sale.
- Build solid relationships with key stakeholders, including, producers, back offices, wholesalers and internal counterparts.
- Work with partners to help drive sales.
- Understand the focus of business and implement the strategies and plans to meet / exceed sales goals.
- Identify opportunities to enhance customer relationships and facilitate the sales process through proactive outreach and the sharing of different product and marketing ideas.
- Regularly scan the competitive marketplace for updates on products and sales stories to determine how to best compete.
- Understand the new business and underwriting processes and advocate for case(s) as appropriate.
- Demonstrate a high-level of resourcefulness and effectiveness and efficiency.
- Effectively use Salesforce to help track and support the business and sales process.
- Bachelor's degree
- 3- 5 years of financial services or insurance industry experience preferred.
- Excellent phone demeanor, strong sales acumen, and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to use advanced judgment in problem solving.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience with CRMs and database management.
- Working knowledge of Outlook and Microsoft Office applications.
- SIE (Securities Industry Essentials), Series 6, 63 and MA Life and Health exams required within 4 months of hire
If you are interested in this opportunity or would like more information please email Steve Mazur at firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: Excel, Series 6, Series 63, SalesForce.com
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.