Responsible for handling the electronic submission of invoices to our larger customers, monitoring past due balances, assist in the collections of outstanding accounts receivable and other ad hoc projects as assigned.
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $20 - 25 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: No Degree Required
experience: 2 Years
- Submits customer invoices via on-line platforms such as Tualia, Ariba, etc.
- Monitors customer accounts for invoicing errors and works with customer service to resolve.
- Handles inquiries from customers or internal sales personnel regarding customer accounts.
- Responsible for the collection activities for assigned Special Billing customers.
- Prepare and update reports for assigned accounts.
- Account review and credit hold release.
- Maintains and monitors customer credit limits.
- Review and monitor assigned accounts and applicable collection reports.
- Provide timely follow-up on payment arrangements.
- Monitors outstanding account balances for determination of next steps in the Collections Process.
- Making outbound collection calls in a professional manner while keeping and improving customer relations.
- Send correspondence to customers to encourage payment of delinquent accounts and prepare to send to Collection agencies when necessary.
- Prepare Month End Bad Debt write offs and update Month End Reports.
- Process credit card payments, adjustments and credits daily.
- Provide w9 Forms and COI's when requested by customers.
- Attend Monthly Regional Collection meetings for assigned customer base.
- Processes credit applications, runs credit reports, and verifies credit references thoroughly.
- Open customer accounts and enters all contracts into system.
- Accurately sets up account in TIMS; distributes approval information to the appropriate sales person.
- Handles all account maintenance ensuring accurate, updated information (contact information, payment methods, tax forms, etc.).
- Experience: 4+ years credit/collections experience
- Physical Requirements: N/A
- Education: Bachelor's degree preferred
- Computer skills: proficient with computers, Microsoft office suite and office equipment including fax, copier, scanner, etc.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Good organizational skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
skills: A/R Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.