job summary: Position Summary:
The Financial Planning & Analysis Associate will be responsible for partnering with department managers to provide subject matter experience, triangulation and guidance on spending money wisely.
location: West Harrison, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 40 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 4 Years
responsibilities: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver monthly rolling forecasts by department, identifying early risks and opportunities as well as providing insightful, cohesive commentary on key variance drivers between actual results and forecasts/budgets.
- Lead development and formulation of annual operating budgets across departments.
- Support department management with development and formulation of project budgets, as needed.
- Measure and track financial performance over time, including budgeting and forecasting accuracy.
- Develop and maintain new reporting and analytical tools, improving efficiency and effectiveness of monitoring performance of assigned business units.
- Monitor performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variance.
- Work in conjunction with managers, understanding strategic initiatives and how they impact budgets, facilitate the group's purpose and maintain a teamwork environment.
- Respond to ad hoc requests and coordinates/tracks projects as needed
Bachelor's Degree in Finance or Accounting required; Master's Degree in Accounting or MBA preferred. Experience:
- 4-6 years of business experience in finance-related roles
- Previous experience with budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis and management reporting and strategic planning
- Solid analytical, mathematical and research skills
- Advanced Excel required, knowledge of SQL & Microsoft Dynamics preferred
skills: Analysis - Risk
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.