Come work for one of the largest retail companies in Southern California. Do you desire fun at work? Would you like to work for an organization who's not only offering great deals on products but making a difference in the quality of life for the communities they serve? If you answered yes, then this could be the right fit for you!
location: Los Angeles, California
job type: Contract
salary: $30 - 36 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Supervise up to 5 members of the Accounts Payable Team, including vendor relations, 1099 and tax related matters.
- Ensure timely payment of vendor invoices and maintain accurate financial records and control reports.
- Develop, implement and maintains systems, procedures and policies, including accounts payable functions to ensure adherence to Sarbanes Oxley and company guidelines.
- Study and standardize procedures to improve efficiency of team, and expedite workflow.
- Prepare month-end account reconciliations for management.
- Prepare journal entries for monthly accruals.
- Review and approve vendor maintenance requests.
- Prepare internal and external audit deliverables for areas of responsibility.
- Assist and support Accounts Payable Manager in tasks.
- Act as a liaison between the company, government and external accountants to meet information needs and ensure that proper information is maintained for audit purposes.
- Select and hire employees for department. Train and evaluate employees to enhance performance. Address performance issues and make recommendations for personnel actions. Motivate and reward employees.
- Abide to the Code of Business Conduct and Ethics Policy.
- Ensure compliance with internal controls as applicable to the Supervisor function within the organization.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business or Finance or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Retail and multi-unit experience preferred.
- Five or more years of Accounts Payable experience.
- One or more years of leadership experience required.
- Experience working with generally accepted accounting principles.
- Large ERP accounting software experience required, SAP preferred.
- 1099 filing experience.
- Strong computer skills, including Pivot Tables and V-Lookups.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Effective planning and organizational skills to balance and prioritize workloads.
For more information contact Shaina Dabney at 213-289-5953 or reply to this post.
skills: Accounts Payable, A/P Processing, A/P Supv/Mgmt Responsibility, 1099s, A/P Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.