Accounting Firm in Fairfield, CT is looking for an accountant manager.
The manager will focus on individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary income tax returns. This individual is responsible for performing tax preparation, tax research and tax planning with minimal supervision.
As manager, this person will also be responsible for managing business development, overseeing staff members and reviewing tax returns prepared by other tax preparers.
location: Fairfield, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Prepares federal and state income tax returns and tax projections.
- Performs tax research.
- Maintains required level of technical knowledge and keeps abreast of current developments in the tax area.
- Reviews tax work of staff members.
- Trains, mentors and provides work direction to staff.
- Recognizes, anticipates and resolves tax issues and makes recommendations.
- Markets firm services to existing and prospective clients.
- Meets productivity and efficiency goals.
- Prepares year-end workpapers and adjustments.
- Prepares/reviews other various tax filings: Gift Tax, Sales and Use Tax, Personal Property Tax, Not-For Profit.
- Assists in federal and state audits; prepares responses to government notices.
- Assists in financial planning and analysis.
- Prepares reviewed and compiled financial statements in accordance with GAAP and OCBOA.
- Bachelors or Master's degree.
- CPA certification
- Minimum 5 years of current tax preparation experience working for a public accounting firm.
- Minimum 3 years of management. Managing a public accounting firm strongly preferred.
- Tax compliance preparation experience with HNW individuals, partnerships, corporations and non-profits.
- Independent tax research.
- Ability to develop planning strategies for clients.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write effective and thorough business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, and the general public.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite including Outlook, Word and Excel; CCH Axcess or similar tax software; and QuickBooks.
skills: Financial Analysis, CPA, Sales & Use Tax, GAAP, Income Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.