Finance - Washington, District of Columbia
A proven leader in helping multinational executives out perform in emerging markets is seeking a recent college grad to be a Staff Accountant for its global finance team based in Washington, DC.
Over the past decade this company's consultants and analysts help power the growth mandates and decision processes of regional and corporate executives with an integrated solution of on-demand advisory support, award-winning data and market intelligence, white-glove service, executive roundtable forums, and tailored consulting services. The company is based in Washington, DC, with offices in London, Singapore and New York.
location: Washington, District Of Columbia
job type: Permanent
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 0 Years
The Staff Accountant will be responsible for supporting the team's finance and accounting tasks.
Day-to-day responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Assist with accounts receivables and payables
- Assist with collections process via emails and calls to secure payment of outstanding invoices; address payment inquiries
- Work closely with the sales team to understand and ensure accuracy of all client activity and that sales transactions are recorded promptly and accurately
- Help prepare journal entries and reconcile assigned accounts each month
- Support Finance team with various month-end close activities and special projects
- Assist with preparation of monthly financial statements, including review of financial transactions and GL classification
- Assist with audits, issuing 1099's and preparing annual financial reports
- Provide ad hoc reports and data as needed
- A bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, or related required
- Internship in accounting or business environment preferred
- Moderate to advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel (including VLOOKUP and PivotTables) and the rest of Microsoft Office suite
- Self-starter, with the judgement and drive to work independently
- Organized, with the ability to juggle multiple responsibilities at once, and ability to quickly come up with alternatives/back-ups.
- Strong attention to detail
Salary for this position is $50,000 per year to start including a full benefits package.
If interested please send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org
skills: A/P Review
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.