Are you fashion forward and an expert at analyzing data? Want to work for a fun, hip and exciting retail company? This is leader in the industry and they are looking for an excel guru in financial analysis to take on a big project! If you enjoy reporting, presenting data and are a team player this is definitely the role for you!
location: El Segundo, California
job type: Contract
salary: $45 - 55 per hour
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
- Assist in the plan, budget and trends for the department(s) by preparing various financial analysis and reports
- Perform variance analysis for select P&L/balance sheet accounts and cost centers
- Produce the monthly reporting and KPIs within his/her area of responsibility using various financial systems
- Provide financial support to operating departments
- Partner with key stakeholders on Budget Planning Process
- Excellent skills on presenting data to VP's
- Excellent communication skills.
- Understands principles of internal control and norms and procedures, including: P&L definitions, PO policies, calculations of reserves / provisions.
- Articulates basic understanding of accounting principles, including relationship between balance sheet, P&L and cash flow
- Ensures proper financial closing, including sales cut off, timing of expenses and proper recording by account
- Creates accurate management reports using specified tools and report templates
- Understands interrelationships of all systems and ensures data ties out
- Understands standard reporting calendar and steps necessary to achieve deadlines
- Optimizes systems and creatively obtains necessary data outside of standard reporting
- Participates in cross functional teams to drive improvements
- Identifies & develops functional requirements for new systems and enhancement.
- Shares insight and observations with less advanced users to drive repeatable value added analysis.
- Understands basic financial analysis concepts and terms, P&L management, and capital planning
- Collects data and performs data mining for variance and root cause analyses under supervision
- Understands different components of Cost of Sales and uses concepts in the appropriate business context
- Understands & explains cost behavior (e.g. fixed vs variable ), and classifies costs in accurate manner.
- Ensures accurate costing of products / services based on application of acceptable cost accounting methodologies including standard costing or weighted average costing
- Identifies & collects the inputs needed to prepare the different types of budgets /forecasts (e.g. sales and Demand Planning forecasts, launches, customer dynamics, Marketing Plans, FX, capital initiatives, etc.).
- Develops detailed bottom-up budgets and documents assumptions for subject line items.
- Seeks to understand company products, customers, market place, business drivers and overall strategy
- Participates in business meetings to understand their stakeholders and customers
- Understands key financial metrics and their relationship to the business.
Please contact Marcus Tonsick at 213-289-9955 or reply to this posting.
skills: Financial Analysis
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.