Corporate Human Resources Manager opportunity in Fort Lauderdale to join a fast paced company with multiple locations in Florida, Texas and California. The Human Resources Manager will provide support to several locations. This position will report to the Corporate Controller and provide guidance on best practices, corporate policies & procedures (performance management, compensation, benefits, employee relations, work place safety, compliance and regulatory issues and other areas). Must have experience in working with California Human Resources laws and regulations.
location: Fort Lauderdale, Florida
job type: Permanent
salary: $130,000 - 140,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 10 Years
- Manage Human Resources policies and procedures to span an employee's lifecycle - hire through separation.
- Build and develop Human Resources team and work within a multi-state environment.
- Develop regulatory reporting including Affirmative Action plans
- Implement human resources programs by providing human resources services, including talent acquisition, staffing, employment processing, compensation, health and welfare benefits, training and development, records management, safety and health, succession planning, employee relations and retention, AA/EEO compliance, and labor relations; completing personnel transactions.
- Improves employee performance by identifying and clarifying problems; evaluating potential solutions; implementing selected solution; coaching and counseling managers and employees.
- Complete special projects by clarifying project objective; setting timetables and schedules; conducting research; developing and organizing information; fulfilling transactions.
- Manage expectations by communicating project status and issues; resolving concerns; analyzing time and cost issues; preparing reports.
- Handle employee relations, work place safety and investigations where necessary
- Prepare reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing data and trends.
- Provide the necessary amount of direction and support to all levels of employees to ensure appropriate levels of compliance
- Complies with federal, state, and local legal requirements by studying existing and new legislation; anticipating legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- 7-years plus Human Resources experience, must have experience in working with California HR laws and regulations
- Must have ADP Payroll experience
- 4-year degree preferred
- Solid understanding of Human Resources compliance with experience in the retail field
- Strong HR and business acumen, including strong problem-solving skills, critical thinking, and self-initiative
- Demonstrated experience and/or knowledge in organizational development, change management, employee relations, and leadership development
- Experience working in a fast-paced retail environment is highly preferred.
- MS office software - MS Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
skills: Administration, Acquisitions/Due Diligence, Assessment, A/R Supv/Mgmt Responsibility
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.