The human resource generalist is responsible for performing HR-related duties for multiple managers in multiple geographic regions, contracts, and collective bargaining units. This position carries out responsibilities in the following functional areas: employee relations, onboarding, policy implementation, recruitment/employment, affirmative action and employment law compliance.
location: Virginia Beach, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 5 Years
Essential duties and responsibilities include:
- Maintains all employee documentation as dictated by governing agencies.
- Reviews employee relations counseling/disciplinary action and terminations before implementation.
- Reviews and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee disciplinary actions.
- Maintains and processes all Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and potential charges in a timely, efficient manner. Attends unemployment hearings when necessary.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications, interviews).
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness or absenteeism problems.
- Maintains employee personnel files.
- Checks security requirements as requested.
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case files; follows-up on open cases.
- Administers various human resource plans and procedures for all organization personnel and assists in the development and implementation of personnel policies and procedures.
- Participates in developing department goals, objectives and systems.
- Administers the compensation program reviews for applicants and yearly reviews.
- Recommends new approaches, policies and procedures to continually improve efficiency of the department and services performed.
- Maintains human resource information system records and compiles reports from the database.
- Maintains compliance with federal, state and local employment laws and regulations.
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Human Resources or related field (or 8 years experience in lieu of degree)
- 5 years Human Resources experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office Products
skills: Human Resources
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.