As a Corporate Tax Accountant, you will be responsible for federal, state and local tax returns and researching tax issues.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Permanent
salary: $62,000 - 70,000 per year
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 1 Years
- Preparation of tax-exempt Federal and state returns for the organization and its affiliates.
- Preparation of sales and use tax returns.
- Research complex tax issues.
- Coordinate and communicate with various taxing authorities and auditors.
- Reconcile GL accounts associated with taxes and license and resolve any discrepancies. Prepare monthly journal entries.
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Minimum 2 - 5 years of experience in the area of tax reporting, preparation, and accounting
- Public accounting experience required
- Strong knowledge of tax laws and tax principles
- Strong analytical and accounting skills
- Highly developed written and oral communication skills including excellent spelling/grammar
- Proficient in the use of accounting software, tax software and Microsoft Office
skills: Federal Tax, Multi-State Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.