Randstad Professionals is working with a community bank in the Greater Boston area that is looking for a Learning and Development Manager. Interested candidates would need to conduct needs analysis and confer with managers to determine knowledge and skills gaps with all levels of staff. You would work with managers to formulate learning and development plans that address the skills gaps, enhance productivity and qualify of work. Qualified candidates would coordinate training, as necessary, for any changes in internal processes, business systems, products, procedures or services.
location: Needham, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 75,000 per year
work hours: 8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Conduct needs analysis and confer with managers to determine knowledge and skills gaps with all levels of staff
- Work with managers to formulate learning and development plans that address the skills gaps, enhance productivity and quality of work
- Coordinate training, as necessary, for any changes in internal processes, business systems ,products, procedures or services;
- Work with Head of Human Resources to recommend learning and development events and programs that support the Bank's strategic direction
- Participate in project management initiatives, assess related learning and development needs, and identify resources.
- Organize and develop training manuals, reference library, testing and evaluation procedures, multimedia visual aids and other educational materials
- Develop and conduct, as needed, the onboarding program for all new employees encompassing practical, technical, customer service, policy and regulatory applications
- Train assigned instructors and management on effective techniques for training, such as new employee's onboarding, on-the-job training, safety practices, employee/management development, and adaptations to changes in policies, procedures and technologies
- Work with the retail Training Strategy Team to develop classroom training for new retail personnel, assuring that trainees are fully prepared with the technical knowledge to process transactions and understand federal and state regulatory issues as well as Bank policies and procedures
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent instructional design, education, business or related field (banking industry experience and familiarity with COCC/core systems highly preferred)
- 3+ years' experience in a learning and development role; prior supervisory experience preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of techniques and philosophies of adult education
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; strong managerial, interpersonal, critical-thinking, and decision-making skills; detail oriented and able to execute initiatives quickly and accurately
- Proven expertise in curriculum design and development; proficiency in eLearning, in-depth knowledge of various learning management systems (LMS) and training software
- Proven track record in training, consulting, facilitating, managing and collaborating with individuals at various levels within the organization; ability to deliver presentations to different target audience
- Vendor management, budget/financial management and contracting experience
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and complete tasks/projects with stated deadlines
- Self-motivated with strong organizational and time management skills and work independently
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, and Word,) and Core Banking systems; bank products, services and delivery channels
- Project a positive and professional business acumen adhering to bank service standard
skills: Banking Operations
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.