Would you like to work for an exciting gaming company that knows how to have fun? Are you an Accountant with over 3 years of General Ledger experience and an eagerness to learn Revenue Recognition? Do you have excellent communication skills? Growing gaming company in Redwood City, CA is looking to bring on a Revenue Accountant to join the accounting team. Revenue Accountant will be reporting to Sr. Accounting Manager.
location: Redwood City, California
job type: Contract
salary: $40 - 50 per hour
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 3 Years
- Review revenue contracts to determine the proper accounting treatment under GAAP. Liaise with both external payment gateways and internal engineering/billing department to develop the sales reporting process for new payment gateways.
- Manage and update discount rate, exchange rates and new product categories.
- Generate monthly sales report from gateways and Business Intelligence report from Tableau; Update monthly Sales Summary schedule.
- Perform month-end tasks for A/R and revenue accounts including posting JEs and reconciliation according to closing schedule.
- Calculate and report royalties to developers and content providers.
- Improve or streamline current revenue recognition process.
- Build revenue recognition model for new games.
- Assist with other month end closing tasks and ad-hoc projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting Finance or Information Systems.
- 3+ years of accounting experience
- Strong excel and analytical skills. Able to handle large volume of data.
Click to apply.
skills: Account Reconciliation
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.
Qualified applicants in San Francisco with criminal histories will be considered for employment in accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
We will consider for employment all qualified Applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws, including the City of Los Angeles' Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.