This is a Direct Hire opening with one of the areas top companies. This global organization continues to perform well and looking to add a knowledgeable and self motivated accounting professional to their team. This is an ideal opportunity for someone looking to transition out of public accounting into a hands on and wide ranging corporate finance role. Or, someone looking to build off their prior experiences in public companies.
location: Woburn, Massachusetts
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
The Senior Accountant will be responsible for the timely and accurate accounting of assigned entities. The Senior Accountant will be responsible for a wide range of areas including reconciliations, GL maintenance, revenue rec, fiscal close, preparing financials, coordinating audits as well as improving controls and streamlining policies and procedures.
- Responsible for assisting in the timely and accurate preparation of weekly and monthly accounting and financial reporting for all entities
- Perform month end close duties and analysis
- Responsible for inter-company relationships
- Assist with preparing financial reports
- Strengthen, streamline accounting policies, procedures on global scale
- Provide financial statement analysis; variance analysis for senior management
- Perform Balance Sheet Reconciliations
- Responsible for P&L analysis for actuals compared to budget and forecast
- Review staff accountant's work.
- Coordinate with external auditors
The ideal candidate will have
- 4 year degree, and any additional education is desired
- 2+ years of relevant accounting experience
- Prior experience in Public Accounting or Publicly Traded company is strongly desired
- CPA preferred.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact with management at all levels are required.
- The ideal candidate will be a highly organized, detail oriented professional, with the ability to handle multiple priorities while adhering to strict deadlines.
- This person will also be self-motivated with the ability to problem solve.
- Excellent computer skills are a must, with knowledge of Excel and ERP systems
skills: Financial Statements, Consolidations, Fixed Assets, Financial Reporting, Bank Reconciliations, Financial Audit, Audit - Internal, Financial Reporting - External, Financial Reporting - Internal
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.