job summary: Job Overview:
We are seeking an experienced and driven tax accountant for a successful client of ours in the Greater Hartford area. If you are seeking a long term career with a successful and growing firm, that provides a fulfilling and rewarding career for their employees, this is the right career for you! The role offers a very competitive salary with company benefits, and many opportunities for advancement and growth in one's career.
You would be responsible for preparing individual, corporate, and partnership tax for the business' clients. You will also be preparing financial statements, corresponding with the IRS and third parties in regards to audits.
location: East Hartford, Connecticut
job type: Permanent
salary: $75,000 - 85,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5
education: Associate's degree
experience: 4 Years
- Prepare individual, corporate, partnership tax returns
- Prepare reviewed financial statements & individual financial statements
- Representing clients and handling all interaction with IRS or State audits
- Responsible for income tax, sales, tax, corporate tax for audits
- Providing variety of consulting services with business' clients; computer consulting, business plans and valuation, estate and financial planning
- Handle estate and trust with probate accounts, Federal and State inheritance tax returns, as well as fiduciary income tax returns
- Prepare sales tax returns, payroll quarterly returns, W-2 and 1099 forms
- Minimum of 3-4 years of relevant public tax accounting experience.
- Self starter and possess a strong attention to detail
- Highly ethical and strong understanding of tax accounting
- Great communication skills and ability to develop strong trusted working relationships with clients
- Associate's degree in Accounting
skills: Income Tax
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.