job summary: Staff Accountant This role is willing to take a recent college graduate with a Finance or Accounting or Finance degree. Job brief
We are continuously seeking qualified Staff Accountants
to join a rapidly growing accounting team within a leading Company located in the Charlotte, NC
area. The Staff Accountant
will report directly into the Controller.
location: Charlotte, North Carolina
job type: Contract
salary: $27 - 35 per hour
work hours: 8-5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Job Duties:
Skills and Qualifications:
- Prepares consolidated internal and external financial statements by gathering and analyzing information from the general ledger system and from departments.
- Maintains and balances an automated consolidation system by inputting data; scheduling required jobs; verifying data.
- Analyzes information and options by developing spreadsheet reports; verifying information.
- Prepares general ledger entries by maintaining records and files; reconciling accounts.
- Prepares payments by accruing expenses; assigning account numbers; requesting disbursements; reconciling accounts.
- Develops and implements accounting procedures by analyzing current procedures; recommending changes.
- Answers accounting and financial questions by researching and interpreting data.
- Provides accounting support for mergers and acquisitions by reviewing financial information; converting data to general ledger system; obtaining supplementary information for preparing financial statements.
- Perform complex financial calculations such as interest, yields and cost of funds. Perform daily settlement for specified accounts.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent, relevant experience.
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel or other Accounting Software.
- Experience working with QuickBooks, SAP and Oracle a plus.
- Time management skills and attention to Detail a must.
- Superior verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of GAAP and FASB.
qualifications: How to Apply:
Please submit your resume to Joseph HoldEn at:
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.