job summary: Fund Accountant / Accounting Analyst $60,000-$75,000 base plus bonus This is a career-defining opportunity to switch into one of the most lucrative and interesting Industries in the market. This role will leverage someone coming from a tax or audit foundation and train them in various areas of accounting, financial analysis, valuation, investor relations, and ad hoc executive reporting. This will has a loyal tenure team that is focused on acquisitions, and ventures.
location: Baltimore, Maryland
job type: Permanent
salary: $70,000 - 80,000 per year
work hours: 9 to 5,9 to 6,8 to 5
education: Bachelor's degree
experience: 2 Years
responsibilities: Accounting is responsible for all of the day-to-day accounting entries required to prepare NAV packages, monthly and quarterly investor reports, capital call statements, distribution notices, and other client deliverables. Each member of Fund Accounting has a dedicated group of Funds that they are responsible for preparing with the assistance of their Analyst(s). Funds fall into one of four market sectors - Hedge Funds, Credit Funds, Private Equity Funds, and Real Estate Funds. The team will work closely with Financial Control who will be responsible for providing final sign-off and review functionality. Fund Accounting also works closely with Client Service Account Managers. Primary Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Accurate and timely generation of client deliverables related to the NAV process including financial statements, investor statements, capital call notices, distribution notices, and other ad-hoc reporting as required.
- Create limited FS tables such as BS, IS, SOI, SCNA, etc.
- Interact directly with clients on weekly/monthly calls and ad-hoc as required.
- Coordinate with Client Service team to manage deadlines and client expectations.
- Work with members of the Financial Control, Client Service, Implementation, and Technology teams to streamline production and enhance policies and procedures.
- Ensure strong internal and external communications on status, issues, and expectations.
- Build relationships with responsive, confident communications and attention to detail.
- Self-review work prior to submitting for review.
- Participate in interactions with external SOC 1 and fund-client auditors.
qualifications: Experience, Education and Qualifications:
To find out more please email John Evans : John.Evans@randstadusa.com
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance preferred, or commensurate work experience.
- 1+ years of accounting experience- preferably in the financial services industry, but not required.
- Must have the drive and personality to demonstrate ownership over assigned tasks as well as good client relationship and technical accounting skills.
skills: Corporate Tax, Fund Accounting, CPA, Mutual Fund Accounting, Valuations, CPA Candidate, Audit - External
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status.